Fit for Work Service (July 2015)
Fit for Work is a free and voluntary referral service designed to help employed people who have been, or are likely to be, on sickness absence for four weeks or more. The referral service comprises a telephone-based occupational health assessment culminating in a Return to Work Plan to help employees return to work as quickly as possible.
After a successful phased roll out of GP referrals to Fit for Work across many areas of England and Wales, all GPs nationwide are now able to refer their eligible patients to Fit for Work.
In order to make it easier for you to share the news about the availability of GP referrals to Fit for Work throughout the whole of England and Wales, we have attached a selection of resources to this email, which you might find useful in order to spread the word:
- A link to our new Fit for Work animation.
- A case study demonstrating how Fit for Work supported one employee and her GP.
- A (feel free to adapt this to your requirements for your newsletters, e-bulletins, website, etc.), attached.piece introducing Fit for Work
- A link to a graphic showing the potential routes through the Fit for Work referral service.
- A Fit for Work in jpg form, attached.logo
- A selection of for use in your social media channels (or you could tweet using the #FitforWork), attached.pre-formed content
You may also want to create a page on your website with information about the referral service, or you might like to include links to Fit for Work from relevant pages on your site.
The Fit for Work website also offers free, expert, confidential and impartial work-related health advice to GPs, employers and employees via an advice hub, a live chat service, regular blogs and the facility to ask a question online.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you'd like to talk more about these options, or if you would like us to supply you with further content to share with your audiences.
Emma Johnson | Marketing Executive
8 Brunswick Square
Bristol BS2 8PE