How can GPs avoid the new tax charges on their pension?
Date published: 08/12/2017
The amount GPs are allowed to save into their pension each year before incurring a tax charge is being reduced. Any active NHS pension scheme member earning over £110,000 may be affected.
Please see attached factsheet written by James Gransby, Head of Healthcare at MHA MacIntyre Hudson (first published in Pulse on 15th November 2017), which covers
- What changes to pensions tax rules affect GPs
- How can GPs check if this affects them
- What should affected GPs do
- Can GPs still reduce their tax bill in January 2018
- What can GPs do about their 2017/18 allowance
- How does inflation affect pension growth
- Can you predict the impact of inflation
- What other advice can GPs seek