Menu Home Search
01622 851197 Contact us

How to apply for your Pension

To apply for your pension you need to complete form AW8, which you can obtain from:

Barry Blunt
The Staff Education Centre
Hermitage Lane
ME16 9NN
Tel: 01622 227555

or download the forms from the NHS Pensions Agency:

Issues regarding payment of pensions refer to :

NHS Pension Scheme
Sutherland House
Russell Way
West Sussex
RH10 1UH

Updated on Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 1113 views

Related guidance...

GP Locums and the NHS Pension Scheme

As of 1st April 2013, GP practices in England and Wales have become responsible for the employer’s pension contributions of the locums...

Partners - Retiring and New

Retiring Partners Checklist We are often asked who needs to be notified when a Partner retires from the Practice, so we put together...

How can GPs avoid the new tax charges on their pension?

The amount GPs are allowed to save into their pension each year before incurring a tax charge is being reduced. Any active NHS pension...

NHS Pensions: Annual Certificate of Pensionable Profit 2015/16

PCSE have issued guidance regarding annual certificates. Please click on the link below which takes you to the PCSE...

PCSE GP Payments and Pension Bulletin - March 2017

Important information relating to your payments and pensions administration In this update, you will find information on: ...

The NHS Pension Scheme for England and Wales: proposed changes to scheme regulations 2019

Practices were notified in the January 2019 Employers Newsletter about proposed changes to the National Health Service Pension Scheme,...

Are practices required to offer all staff membership of the NHS Pension Scheme?

In 1997 all GP employers were deemed to be employing authorities and therefore staff and salaried doctors were allowed from that date to...

NHS Redundancy Arrangements (2015)

NHS redundancy arrangements - Section 16 (a) England (19/3/2015) On 1 April 2015, new NHS redundancy arrangements came into effect in...

QOF guidance 2016/17

The 2016-17 QOF guidance has been published on the NHS Employers webpage...

Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme

You may be able to claim a refund under the 'Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme' (HTCS) of the cost of travelling to hospital or other NHS...