Occupational Health Service for GPs
A new occupational health service has been commissioned by NHS England and is now available to NHS GPs working across the South of England.
The Heales Medical Group, an established provider of occupational health services began delivering the new service on 1 April 2017, provides:-
- Occupational Health advice via the portal, telephone, e-mail, fax and post
- Management referral for short-term or long-term sickness absence or concerns over performance related to a health issue.
- Health Surveillance (for example nightworker assessments, vaccination boosters etc.)
- Ill-health retirement under the NHS, Local Government or private pension scheme
- Needlestick/Sharps telephone support line
- Pre-employment screening (including any required vaccination/immunisation)
You will need to register with the service initially using your practice “G-code”. The guidance suggests that the practice will need to identify a lead person to be the main contact for the service and who can make referrals. It recommends the medical lead or a person nominated by them. The lead person can then add other users who can then make referrals via the portal.
For further information and to register please click here