QOF / GPES and enhanced service payments - March 2017
Date published: 24/03/2017
We received the following communication from the BMA on the 24th March 2017 regarding QOF/GPES and Enhanced Service Payments:
We are writing to make you are aware of the timings of GPES contract extractions this year. NHS England have informed us that due to when the Easter bank holiday falls this year, there is a delay in timing of the extracts for enhanced services which has the potential to affect the payments run.
Since 2013, QOF extraction has been separate from the other enhanced services so as not to overload the system. This normally hasn’t impacted significantly on the timings of payments for the enhanced services, however, due to the timing of Easter this year and the rules around giving practices time to review and validate data collections, there is a risk that for some practices there is the possibility that their enhanced service payments might be delayed. This is due to timing issues between the achievement calculation and the payment run dates.
NHS E are trying to minimise the impact that this has on practice cash flow, so are looking to time payment run to ensure those with the highest value are done first. The exception is the AUA as the work to validate has always taken some time and it is likely this will get paid later.
The current timetable is the following;
- The process will start on the 27 March, with all the messages going out to system providers.
- The data collection will start at 1 minute past midnight of 31 march/ 1st April.
After QOF the extractions will be prioritised in the order described below:
- Group 1: Men B, Pneumococcal, Seasonal Flu (all March 2017 payment) – all starting 8 April (earliest possible date, 5 working days into the month)
- Group 2: AUA (component 3 payment), LD (Quarter 4 payment), Rotavirus (March 2017 payment), Pertussis (March 2017 payment) – all starting 12 April after completion of Group 1)
- Group 3: Shingles R, Shingles CU, Men ACWY, Childhood Flu (all March 2017 payments) – all starting 16 April (after completion of Group 2)
- Group 4: Alcohol, Named GP and INLIQ (all March 2017 achievement dates but no direct payment calculations) – all starting 20 April (after completion of Group 3)
NHSE is not able to advise on when each run will occur as it is different for each area.
We would appreciate if you could circulate this information to practices so they are aware of the situation. Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information.
Senior Policy Advisor (Independent Contractors)
Terms and Conditions
British Medical Association
T: 020 7383 6167 | E:email@example.com