Quality & Outcomes Framework (QoF) Guidance & Summary of Changes for GMS Contract 2015/16
The General Practitioners Committee (GPC) and NHS Employers (on behalf of NHS England) have agreed changes to the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) for 2015-16.
These changes are:
- An adjustment to the QOF point value for 2015-16 taking account of population growth and relative changes in practice list size from 1 January 2014 to 1 January 2015
- The threshold changes planned for 1 April 2015 have been deferred for one year to 1 April 2016
- Retire three chronic kidney disease indicators - CKD002, CKD003 and CKD004 (26 points) while retaining the existing CKD register - CKD001 (renumbered CKD005) (6 points)
- New CKD005 updated in line with the NICE recommendations to now read 'The contractor establishes and maintains a register of patients aged 18 or over with CKD Stages 3 to 5'
- Retire coronary heart disease indicator CHD006 (10 points)
- Amend the atrial fibrillation indicator AF004 (renumbered AF007), retire AF005 and replace with new indicator (AF006) in line with NICE recommendations with added points to reflect the increased work load across the new indicators....
For further information or to view a 'quick guide to changes' please click on the link: http://bma.org.uk/qofguidance