Updated PCR/LFT Access Information: January 2022
Following concerns raised in regards to PCR testing availability
Staff in the first instance to go through the national PCR testing platform to receive a PCR test, availability is refreshed every 30 minutes. Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Essential staff that are not a household contact and therefore can return to work with a negative PCR and are unable to obtain a PCR test from the national testing platform, the below PCR hubs can be used. Staff must bring with them their work I.D.
We have been assured by DHSC that key workers can get a PCR as a ‘walk-in’ if they have their ID and explain that they need it for business continuity. All testing sites are sign posted.
- VQT Bluebell hill – commuter car park, lord lees grove, Maidstone Road, Bluebell Hill, ME5 9PE (10am-4pm)
- Swale – Swale house car park, St Michaels Road, Sittingbourne, ME10 3HT (10am-4pm)
- Sevenoaks – Oftord Road depot car park, Sevenoaks, TN14 5DP (10am-4pm)
- Hop Farm – Paddock Wood (10am-4pm)
- Bewl Water – Bewl Water (10am-4pm)
- WHF Dover- Upper Albany place car park, Albany Place, Dover, CT17 9AU (10am-2pm)
Lateral Flow Tests (LFTs)
Staff to go through the National Testing website to order Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) The portal has now reopened and tests are being delivered. There are also two assisted testing sites one in Maidstone and the other in Ashford which are free to access for people living or working in Kent - https://www.kent.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/health/protect-kent-and-medway/test-and-trace/how-to-get-tested/symptom-free-testing.