Useful Resources from the NHS Appraisal Team (September 2019)
APPRAISAL AND REVALIDATION
This page holds information on GP Appraisal and Revalidation for GPs in KSS region.
Medical revalidation is the process by which the General Medical Council confirms the continuation of a doctor’s licence to practise in the UK. All doctors who wish to retain their licence to practise need to participate in revalidation. Revalidation is based on a local evaluation of doctors’ practice through appraisal.
Please see this NHS England guide for further information
Evidence required for Appraisal and Revalidation
Sources of Support for GP with Wellbeing or Career Development
NHS England GP Support Pack
GP Practitioner Health Programme
Primary care Workforce Resilience Service (Mentoring)
Coaching via KSS Leadership academy
Supporting Doctors who undertake a low volume of NHS General Practice clinical work https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/supporting-doctors-who-undertake-low-volume-work.pdf
Need advice on Multi-Source or Patient feedback?
- Appraisal Postponement form (for exceptional circumstances) (please see documents at bottom of webpage)
- Technology Assisted Appraisal Request (please see documents at bottom of webpage)
If you have had at least one appraisal with your Appraiser face to face then it may be possible to organise a Technology Assisted Appraisal if required – please complete this application form and forward to the Revalidation team
- (please see documents at bottom of webpage)
- Reporting Concerns Information (please see documents at bottom of webpage)
Induction and Refresher Scheme
Responsible Officer and Appraisal Network (ROAN) information sheets are written on an ad-hoc basis on issues of relevance to responsible officers and their teams, medical appraisers and doctors. The full list of ROAN sheets are available on this link https://portal.yhcs.org.uk/web/gp-appraisal/roans
Other Sources of Information on Appraisal & Revalidation
- BMA Introduction to Revalidation: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/revalidation/introduction
- RCGP Useful Revalidation Guides: https://www.rcgp.org.uk/training-exams/practice/revalidation/guide-to-supporting-information-for-appraisal-and-revalidation.aspx
- GMC Revalidation information: https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/managing-your-registration/revalidation