Zika Virus Infection: Guidance for Primary Care (Updated March 2016)
The joint Zika Guidance for Primary Care has been updated to reflect the new wording for travel recommendations for pregnant women and clarification of advice on sexual transmission.
The changes include:
1. Updated travel advice for pregnant women
2. Clarification of advice on preventing sexual transmission to pregnant women and women planning pregnancy and their male partners
3. Clarification of symptoms associated with typical Zika virus infection
4. Further clarification on obtaining diagnostic samples and completing RIPL request forms
5. Links to new advice on Zika and immunocompromised patients, and the Guillain-Barre syndrome
6. New section on minor procedures in the primary care setting, including dentistry
The following Public Health England News Story has further information: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/zika-virus-updated-travel-advice-for-pregnant-women
The guidance is also available on the BMA website.