All staff employed by practices in Kent and Medway are able to access the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). This is provided by Health Assured. It is a confidential employee benefit designed to help primary care colleagues deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting their home life or work life, health and general wellbeing. The Health Assured EAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues including:
- a 24/7/365 confidential helpline
- up to six sessions of face-to-face, structured telephone or online counselling per employee per year
- medical information with nurses accessible by phone
- legal and financial information and support
- child and dependent care such as advice on caring for children, elderly relatives and disabled dependents, and searches for finding care homes, nurseries.
- Manager Consultancy and Support service for line managers
- 24/7 critical incident telephone support
- online help and advice - for issues such as alcohol/drugs, debt, family, bereavement, tax, childcare and dependant care advice
- access to Health Assured's Health and Wellbeing Portal which provides four week programmes, mini health checks, monthly webinars and fact sheets
- access to Health Assured's Health e-Hub app which provides unique content, relevant support and preventative wellness programmes straight from your phone
- You can contact Health Assured through their 24/7 confidential helpline on 0800 028 0199. - you just need to state which practice you are employed by. Health Assured's health and wellbeing portal is available through their website https://healthassuredeap.co.uk You will need to log in using these details: Username: Kent Medway Password: CCG
Kent and Medway STP has produced this Directory that brings together a wide range of support services that are available to all members of General Practice.
NHS England and Improvement has put together a list of helpful things that individuals can do to help their psychological wellbeing. The list also includes a list of support that is available to staff.
This is a free online Resilience toolkit from Beyond Coaching for all NHS employees & Key Workerss.
NHS support on helping you manage your own health and wellbeing whilst looking after others.
A Looking after you Primay Care Coaching Service is also available, details of which can be found here: NHS England » Looking after you: confidential coaching and support for the primary care workforce
Information includes staying well at home, and coping with children being off school, as well as the challenges of working remotely.
Coronavirus has caused a lot of disruption in many people’s lives, if you are struggling and need someone to talk to, call us or text the word Kent to 85258.
The Critical Friend programme aims to ensure that colleagues have access to the career development and personal support that they need in order to sustain their resilience and well-being.
Critical Friends are a team of professionals who are available to the Primary Care workforce for 1:1 supportive conversations. They are established practitioners, and respected peers with a variety of advanced communication skills, experience and
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CRITICAL FRIEND OR ACCESSING A CRITICAL FRIEND?
Contact your local Training Hub to find out more
East Kent email@example.com
North Kent firstname.lastname@example.org
West Kent email@example.com